Sunday, February 22, 2015

MakerSpace Classroom..."The Journey Begins"

Hi, and welcome to my blog. My name is Ted Barks and I am currently teaching at Point England School in Glen Innes, Auckland, New Zealand. I have been given the wonderful opportunity of leading our MakerSpace classroom and I am still coming to grips with this space and what it will look like for our school. This blog will work as a journal of my journey as I inquire into my personal teaching practise and explore how I can most effectively use this space with our students. As you can well imagine, this first term has been full of start-up challenges, and I'm sure these will continue for some time yet. This said, each day is better than the one before and I am incredibly excited for the year ahead. I trust that this journal is the beginning a great story. A story of great adventure and amazing learning that is embedded in problem solving projects that allow for cognitive engagement and reflection at all age levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment